Sunday, March 30, 2008

Meal Plan Monday









I have been meal planning for a long time, but came across OrgJunkie's Meal Plan Monday on another food blog that I read: Two Novice Chefs, One Tiny Kitchen.

In order to eat healthy, food planning can be your best friend. Not only can you depend on your menu to help count calories, but it also saves you from eating out or grabbing something to go because you don't know what to fix for dinner. Plus, I find that I use fresh food items more efficiently over several meals if need be. So, without further ado, my first Meal Plan Monday!!

Monday: On Your Own/Leftover Night (Class)

Tuesday: Lemon Chicken Soup with Orzo

Wednesday: Beef, Bean and Cornbread Casserole

Thursday: Rigatoni with Broccoli & Canadian Bacon

Friday: Layered Enchilada Bake with Rice and Beans

Saturday: Cornmeal Crusted Catfish with Mushroom-Curry Bulgar

Sunday: Lunch at church and leftovers!

Check out what's on other bloggers' menus and OrgJunkie's menu here!


7 comments:

Kimberly said...

welcome to meal plan monday! You have a wonderful menu this week! My first week was last - - this week, I'm out of town for 3 days, so mine is a little lacking!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to MPM! I think menu planning is really an awesome way to save money too!

Have a great week,

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2008/03/menu-plan-monday-april-edition.html

Amy W said...

I am going to need that casserole recipe!!

Davis' said...

everything looks yummy.

DEHausfrau said...

Welcome to MPM! The lemon chicken soup sounds really good.

Thanks for sharing your menu and have a great week.

My menu is up at Don't Eat Baby.

Laura said...

Great job planning your menu! I'm all about nutrition at my house too! Healthy food tastes SO good!

Laura said...

Thanks for joining us, welcome to MPM!!